Star Ashley's sanctuary

Star Ashley's sanctuary
this blog is created to endorse my primary blog so click here!

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Work in Progress

Writing sure works in wondrous ways
Especially on my worst of days.
But talking to you beats the stress.
Your spirit, I'll wear as a dress.
-
I desperately need to be more like you
Whose kindness and love is genuine and true.
But no matter what I do, I can't reflect who you are.
My thoughts and actions are evidently far.
-
How long am I gonna be a work in progress?
Is it really supposed to be a lifetime process?
But all this time, I'm tarnishing your holy name.
All that is left or me is my sin and shame.
-
If only it's the right things that I do
So some of my prayers might come true
But that's just my discontentment speaking,
It's still the world that I was seeking.
-
But I keep remembering that you died in my place
So why am I still wasting that amazing grace?
I want to be cleansed from within and surrender.
So I'll be qualified to be with you forever.
-
Copyright Star Ashley Cruz
April 1 2018
Happy Easter and Resurrection Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

starbucks strawberry