Star Ashley's sanctuary

Star Ashley's sanctuary
this blog is created to endorse my primary blog so click here!

Friday, October 21, 2016

The Wedding day Poem

I’ve never recited a poem to a crowd,
because I believe I can’t be proud
Of the words I utter and speak,
Because I act strong but I’m really weak.
I thank you, Lord for this day,
helping me think of what to say
As I reminisce through the years
that passed since I wrote this.
I always dreamed of becoming a wife,
just a few of the things I want in life,
Besides the man who will say “I do,”
Also took me right out of the blue.
I’ll end this now, for I might cry
Because to my surname, I’ll say good bye,
But hello to the man I’ll look in the eye,
Forever until the day I die.
September 29 2012
Dedicated to my future husband.
Still contemplating whether to include in my future wedding.
R.I.P. (Radical. Immortal. Poetry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

starbucks strawberry