Star Ashley's sanctuary

Star Ashley's sanctuary
this blog is created to endorse my primary blog so click here!

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Faulty little creation

Funny how I used to run away
From anything the Bible has to say.
But now it became my basis for everything
And its promises made my life worth living.
-
This doesn't mean my life is full of perfection,
I am still a faulty little creation.
For sometimes I catch a glimpse of my ghostly past.
My feet gets caught up and I couldn't run fast.
-
Those are the times I couldn't escape from my sin.
Then I realized that they were living from within.
I felt disgusted and ashamed that I wanted to die.
I'll always fall short and sin no matter how hard I try.
-
Angry, because I could not reach my own perfectly created standard.
Frustrated from working hard to get what I want but still ending up haggard.
I give up and cry to God for help with my giant ordeals.
Then comes great comfort and peace, His grace refills.
-
I can never fully understand how he can love someone like me,
Who's an evil, self-centered walking tragedy
Going through the scorching desert heat of life's constant hardships.
But God's the oasis that can hold an entire fleet of ships.
-
Copyright Star Ashley Cruz
September 24 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

starbucks strawberry