Star Ashley's sanctuary

Star Ashley's sanctuary
this blog is created to endorse my primary blog so click here!

Saturday, January 21, 2023

The Monsters Inside my Head

The monsters were never really under the bed.

Is dying the only way to get them out of my head?

Everyday within grows this dread.

Will I only find peace when I'm dead?

-

I try to focus on blessings to feel thankful

But when I see greater lives of others, I grow resentful.

All my life, I try and work hard to be successful.

In an ugly world, I just want a life that's beautiful.

-

When will my plans and dreams happen to me?

Am I going to be a loser for all eternity?

The blessings I receive suddenly feel like leftovers from charity.

Why do I keep inviting myself to this pity party?

-

I'm torn between giving up and holding on to my plans.

Overall, I'm aware that my future is in God's hands.

I like to believe he knows the very number of my hair strands.

And that he's not just a spectator watching from the stands.

-

I want to stay hopeful and have the will to live.

I hope I'm not someone the world finds easy to deceive.

I want to be someone ready for blessings to give and receive.

God, give me hope and help me to still believe.

-

Copyright

Star Ashley Cruz

Jan. 20 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

starbucks strawberry