Star Ashley's sanctuary

Star Ashley's sanctuary
this blog is created to endorse my primary blog so click here!

Friday, February 3, 2023

Misanthrope's rope

The world is moving too fast, I got left behind.

I’m all alone in this world is what I find.

I’ve never felt so small deep inside.

I’d feel embarrassed or ashamed to confide.

-

Adjusting my standards just to make ends meet.

Only receiving the bare minimum in a life, I can’t cheat.

Maybe I deserve this cause I’m a self-absorbed, arrogant bitch.

No matter how hard I toil away, I don’t get rich.

-

It’s not like a simple life looks bad to me.

Just peer into my mind and heart, you will see.

In life, I just want something mine, stable and secured.

Instead, I get a family I didn’t create where I’m constantly tortured.

-

Now I’m the man of the house because our life didn’t give me a choice.

Being left alone and resting at times are my only chance to taste simple joys.

Witnessing and/or experiencing toxicity from relatives and even family.

And people still dare to wonder why I practice and engage in misanthropy.

-

Are my heart’s desires really hard to please?

If I can’t have them, I wish to cease.

Lord, help me see beyond this scope of darkness and give me hope.

I think I’m losing my mind; I’m nearing the end of my rope.

-

Copyright

Star Ashley Cruz

Feb. 4 2023

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

starbucks strawberry