Star Ashley's sanctuary

Star Ashley's sanctuary
this blog is created to endorse my primary blog so click here!

Saturday, June 22, 2024

Detained

I'm only wanted when I'm generous, hardworking and collected.

But not when I'm sad, angry and exhausted.

Even when I tolerate their incompetence, shortcomings and laziness,

I still come across as an arrogant "your highness."

-

Because of life's hardships, what became of me is unlikeable to most.

Well I don't exactly dream of being everyone's  welcoming host.

Just a reminder that I never even asked to be born anyway.

Nothing and no one feels like making me want to stay.

-

The only reservation is my possibly missed potential.

The future I long for seems reasonable and logical.

But lack of resources and support has made even the bare minimum unattained.

In this miserable life, how long must I be detained?

-

They're only with me because they need me.

I'd rather be alone, far away and free.

But the former keeps me from the latter, without me they'll die.

It may be an exaggeration but it's not a lie.

-

What do I get from all this, another world on my shoulder?

Please, I'd rather just be instantly crushed by a boulder.

This life and its "lessons" aren't getting me exactly far ahead.

This is why most of the time, I fantasize about being dead.

-

Copyright

Star Ashley Cruz

June 22, 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

starbucks strawberry