Star Ashley's sanctuary

Star Ashley's sanctuary
this blog is created to endorse my primary blog so click here!

Friday, August 19, 2016

Lies from the enemy?

I'm running out of things to be thankful for,
I yearn for luxury, convenience and more.
Though I receive countless blessings everyday,
Difficulties and pain still finds its way.
-
My life sometimes loses its sense of purpose,
I feel like a clown in an empty circus.
I don't want to die but I'm not happy being born,
For life itself causes my spirit to be torn.
-
The friends I can trust are lesser than my fingers,
Superficial optimism really hinders
The understanding of me, even by relatives and family.
So help me Lord, before I believe more lies from the enemy.
-
Is it a lie, that life itself is completely against me?
That hardships also happen to everybody?
It's so cliche' to say that life is unfair,
That's why for me, it's hard to bear.
-
I beg you for grace, Oh Lord the King,
I feel small, fragile and worth nothing.
My heart's so heavy from the weight of sadness,
Please don't let me drown in madness.
-
August 20 2016
Copyright Star Ashley Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment

starbucks strawberry